Potato, leek and corn baluchons (bundles)
- 6 portions
- 600 g (about 1 1/2 lb) potatoes
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) salt
- 75 ml (5 tbsp.) butter
- 350 ml (approx. 1 1/2 cups) thinly sliced leek
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) fresh chopped tarragon
- 200 ml (4/5 cup) corn niblets
- 9 sheets phyllo pastry
- Whole sprigs of chive
- Preheat over to 175°C (350°F).
- Peel potatoes and cook them in boiling salted water for approximately 30 minutes, according to size. Rinse and then mash. Add 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter and set aside.
- Gently fry leek in 15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter, covered, for 5 minutes. Add to mashed potatoes along with chopped tarragon and corn niblets. Mix well.
- Melt 45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter. Take the first sheet of phyllo pastry and brush with melted butter. Add another sheet and brush with butter, and then a third. Cut the sheets in two, lengthwise. Put 125 ml (1/2 cup) mashed potatoes on each. Bring the phyllo pastry edges together around potato and use a blanched sprig of chive (can be manipulated more easily) to tie around the top. Be sure to keep the remaining pieces of phyllo pastry under a damp cloth so that they do not dry out and become unworkable. Repeat the process twice.
- Put the baluchons on a non-stick baking sheet or in big muffin tins. Cook for 20 minutes or until golden.
Note: The baluchons are delicious with tomato sauce when served as an entrée.
Source : Épatante Patate